|James Corwin Johnson, Sarasota Photographer||
COMPLETE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER- Series II
Reserve your place now for our upcoming workshop
Trust James' professional tips for using a digital camera to take your images to the next level. Our advanced digital camera techniques cover a wide range of topics to help you get the most out of your setup.
Just some of the helpful topics to be covered in the workshop.
Session One: Metering, Histograms, Zone System
Wednesday, August 3rd Understanding digital photography has never been easier! This class provides an detailed instruction instruction in
1. Advanced metering techniques
With automatic metering we can always blame the camera. With manual metering you are in control. So if there is a problem, you are the one that needs to figure out why and how to improve it.
2. Using the Red Green Blue Histogram Cameras nowadays come with separate histograms for each of the red, green and blue colors. We will focus on using their data to improve your images.
3. Using your exposure controls Any time you half-press the shutter button on your camera, the light meter activates. It measures the light in your scene and calculates a shutter speed and aperture (and ISO, if your camera is set to Auto ISO). As you might have already discovered, the automatic meter in your camera can be confused.
4. Understanding the Digital Zone System
If you thought DSLR cameras made the Zone System obsolete - Wrong. We will learn to apply those rules developed by Ansel Adams and Fred Archer in 1940
Session Two: Motion, Modes, Al and Si Servo, Exposure
In this session we will cover.
1. How to photograph motion?
Do you want a blur or stop the action? How to get the best of both.
2. Continuous Shooting Al and Si Servo
A key to action photography.
3. Focus Arrays
When and how to use it.
Session Three: Custom Functions, Mirror Lock-up, Noise
In session three we will focus on:
1. Custom Functions
Once you learn to use these you'll save time on future outings.
2. Mirror Lock-Up
Normal operation in an SLR camera involves flipping the mirror up out of the light-path just before the shutter opens can cause a vibration. Learn how to use mirror lock up to avoid this.
3 Picture Styles: When and why to use this feature of your DSLR.
Session Four: Advanced Flash, Finishing Touches, Printing
Neon Photoshop technique
On this last day of our 4 week workshop we will review and wrap it up with:
1. Advanced Flash
One of the most misunderstood pieces of your gear. Learn how to use it to get the best in various lighting situations.
2. Putting on the finishing touches with Photoshop
We will fine tune and tweak our images
3. Preparing to print
At this point we are anxious to see the end results but there is more to consider than just hitting the Print button.